Saturday, July 12, 2014

I'm Gonna Be Tired.

We didn't get the chance to go to the gathering this year. It's sad because it was so close it was almost meant to be. We did need extra food & gas money to get there and our money for the week had already been allocated elsewhere. Now accepting donations for my book project!
It's hard to know where to go next, I can't really pin down the man & get him to tell me his stories at a whim. He has so little down time from work- that's what happens when he works 70 hours a week. Sometimes it would be more if truckers' weekly hours weren't so strictly regulated. Reminder to self- buy digital recorder.
Thank you all who visited my first post, it has just over a hundred views. I know that's not nearly even a drop in the bucket compared to others' blogs, but none of my other individual posts on my family blog has ever reached that number so quickly. So small number or not, it's pretty awesome to me. I hope as I am able to compile any some stories I'll gain a larger audience and reviewers to help me fine tune my writing. I'm very much up for kind, constructive criticism.
I have a fairly good idea of my format which I've shared with only a few but so far it's getting positive feedback. I haven't read a lot of non-fiction so it won't really be written like one. I'm so green at writing it's silly. I received a little accolade in college for some essays in English classes. I wrote most of those essays way late at night so I'm supposing my best creative skills come out when I'm quite sleep deprived. Not good when the kids are up & about so early every morning.
Sleep's not important, right?
I think my nails are dry enough for me to go to bed now. Reminder to self- paint nails earlier in day (maybe when #2 is sleeping?)

Don't forget to share! Follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment